Wednesday, March 21, 2012

GOD'S LITTLE DOVE by Derry




           

                                      

                         





I found a little dove, so hurt
Beneath our mulberry tree,
I cradled her within my hands
and whispered tenderly.


Come, little one, I'll love you so
And God and I will care,
We'll keep you safe and feed you now
And try to just be there.


I felt that God had sent this dove
To touch me with His love,
To let me know just as I saw,
He sees me from above.


And just as how I cared for her
He's caring for me too,
Gently cradling me with love
My every hurt to soothe.



And so, with tears I nursed the dove
With dropper gave her drink,
And tucked her warm within a box
But, her neck she couldn't lift.


How weakly she would swallow
How wan she lay there, still,
Her tiny breaths so soft
I prayed for her God's will.



Two nights and then she learnt to suck
And coo-ed a little bit,
I gave her mushy seed
Oh my, she had some pluck.




For her neck was drooping so
I didn't think she'd live,
Beneath her swollen eye, a hole
I knew that soon I'd grieve.



Third day and she was fading fast
Gasping through her beak,
Her little body colder now
I knew she was too weak.


Midday as I came to her
I knew that she'd be gone,
And sure enough, the little dove
Had flown where she belonged.



And so I tucked that empty shell
Beneath our guava tree,
There' I said ' My little dove
You'll give us fruit to eat.'



The sunflower mush that I had made
I found is good for lunch,
I snack on crackers, and tear up
On how my life she touched.



Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young
a place near your altar,
O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
Psalm 84:3



Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?
Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart
from the will of your Father.
So don't be afraid;
you are worth more than many sparrows.
Matthew 10:29


Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies?
Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.
Luke 12:6-7




Indeed, the very hairs of
your head are all numbered
Don't be afraid;
you are worth more than many sparrows
Luke 12:7